The term “Detox” is becoming much more prominent nowadays in our society, but what exactly does it do and how is it beneficial?
Detox is as much about nourishing your body as it is releasing toxins from it. When we think of a cleanse, we think easy-to-digest,
nutrient-rich foods. In addition to juicing, there is an alternative, warmer way to detox and to replenish the body during the
chilly, winter season. And how is this done?
Please welcome The Soup Cleanse to the Be Fresh family! Because it relies primarily on vegetables rather than the natural sugars
found in fruits, not only is it low on the glycemic scale, but it is packed with fiber, which makes it a hearty meal that will both
warm your soul and curb any cravings you may have.
BUT HOW CAN I JUST LIVE ON LIQUIDS?
Not to worry! Our soup cleanse plan is a combination of soups and superfood salads which are loaded with the nutrients and minerals
you need for cell regeneration – this is what keeps us young and beautiful! You will kick off the day with the Morning Chi Soup,
followed by the classic Build and Restore for lunch, and complete the day with our signature D.tox Quinoa Salad or Roasted Roots
Salad for dinner. If you feel a little hunger sensation in between meals, simply take a break, and slowly sip on our Spice Up Your
Heartbeet soup to relax your senses and warm the body!
We always say - listen to your body and add clean sources of protein (plant-based or not) to your soup, or a light snack (100 cal),
if needed. Detox is not about deprivation, but rather about nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs to rebuild and
recharge. The plan is designed to serve 1000 calories + 200 cal (your choice of snack and/or protein) a day and is recommended for a
short period of time, maximum 5 consecutive days, once a month.
- Morning Chi Soup
Build and Restore
- The use of mushrooms and chia seeds along with the combination of ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper in this stock-based soup is
a double-win. Not only will you be getting a copious amount of flavor, but you are also sticking to the plan of detoxing and
cleansing. Each of the ingredient selected, is to either give you fiber for digestion, or to provide a cleansing effect from the
spices and seeds.
Spice Up Your HeartBeet
- Exotic and subtly spicy flavors characterize the Build & Restore’s rich blend. Not only does the vitamin E-rich sweet potatoes,
potassium, and fibre provide the base for this sweet, mildly spicy and creamy soup, but the notes of curry combine effortlessly with
the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich turmeric.
- Please meet your new best friend: The Beet! This root vegetable is packed with powerful antioxidants that prevent cancer, high
blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and can also treat anemia. When combined with ingredients such as kale, celery, carrots and onion,
it will provide your body with a broader spectrum of the vitamins and minerals your body calls for. In addition, you are also
getting the cleansing benefits from acidic lemons, as well as cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper and turmeric to improve blood
- D.Tox Quinoa Salad W/Chickpeas & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Carrot, cabbage, celery, apple, fennel, cucumber, quinoa, and parsley, served w balsamic vinaigrette on organic greens.
- Holy Shot - Lemon Ginger
GUIDE LINE TO A SOUP CLEANSE
- Lemon, cayenne and ginger all contain antioxidants, which boost the immune system and protect from free radicals - a cause
of aging that can even lead to cancer over time. The high vitamin C content in lemons and their antiviral properties could boost
immunity to colds and the flu, or help you get over them faster.
- Consume one soup serving for breakfast, 1 for lunch and salad for dinner. Third portion of soup is to keep you satisfied in
between the meals. If you feel you need to eat more, add protein to your soup or nibble on a light snack.
- Avoid drinking coffee, alcohol and common foods that trigger inflammation (gluten, dairy, fried food, trans fat, etc.).
- If you feel dehydrated during your soup cleanse, consume 20 ounces of water mixed with 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, the juice of ½ a
lemon, and a teaspoon of honey OR enjoy 4 ounces of coconut water to replenish minerals and thirst.
- Stay disciplined and get plenty of rest. Skip rigorous exercise and follow the 8 hours of sleep recommended.
- When coming off a cleanse, reintroduce your body back to solids by eating light and to avoid overburdening your digestive system
– After all, the main goal was to keep it clean!
Product code: LL1655
Canadian , Gluten Free , Vegan/Dairy Free