Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Coconut or olive oil
- 1 6- to 7-ounce can wild salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh or pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. prepared salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, or pickling juice from jalapeños
- salt, to taste
1) Position racks in oven for tortilla baking; preheat to 375 °F
2) Coat tortillas in oil of choice, or cooking spray; bake until light brown (about 12-14 minutes), turning once. Set aside.
3) In one bowl, combine salmon, avocado and jalapeños; add salt as desired. In another bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro and vinegar, or pickling juice from jalapeños.
4) In a food processor, mix black beans, sour cream, salsa and scallions until smooth. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and heat in microwave for about 2 minutes, or heat on stovetop until desired temperature is reached.
5) Assemble tostadas by spreading each tortilla with bean mixture, then topping with salmon mixture, and finally the cabbage salad. Drizzle lime on top, if desired.