Easy Seafood Paella
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Spanish paella rice
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tsp. saffron threads
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1.2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb. little neck clams, scrubbed
- 1 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Limes for garnish
1. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. When hot, cook onion, pepper, and garlic until lightly browned, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add rice, saffron, cayenne, and paprika to the pan. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until rice is well coated, and ingredients are mixed evenly. Slowly pour vegetable broth into the pan, then stir in 1 tsp of salt. Bring everything in the pan to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and continue cooking until you can see that the rice has absorbed all of the liquid (about 10 minutes).
3. When you can see that all of the ingredients in the rice have been absorbed, press the shrimp, clams, and mussels into the rice, topping with peas. Cover and continue to cook and until shrimp have become pink, and clams have opened (about 5 minutes). Remove any unopened mussels or clams before serving.
4. Serve immediately with cilantro and lime for garnish!