740 CAL | 45 G FAT | 53 G CARB | 34 G PROTEIN
Elevate burger night with these guacamole burgers! Made with free-range ground beef and organic avocados, and paired with delicious roasted sweet potatoes, this meal is sure to satisfy. Best prepared within two days of delivery.
MEAL KIT INGREDIENTS
- 540 grams free range ground beef
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 4 buns
- 2 sweet potatoes
YOU'LL NEED THESE SUPPLIES
- Cutting Board
- Small Bowl
- Parchment paper, wax paper, or silicon baking mat
- Medium Bowl
- Large Pan
- Aluminum Foil
STEP 1| PREPARE INGREDIENTS
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut them in half length-wise, and then into ½ cm thick pieces. Peel the onion. Cut off ¼ of the onion and finely dice it. Cut the remaining ¾ of the onion into chunks roughly the size of the sweet potato pieces. Cut the lime in half lengthwise, and cut one half into 4 wedges. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and squeeze into a bowl. Add the juice of ½ the lime and mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in the finely diced onions, cover, and place in the fridge.
STEP 2| ROAST THE VEGGIES
- Place the sweet potatoes and onion chunks on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer and roast for 15-17 minutes, stirring once halfway through. When the sweet potato is tender, remove from the oven.
STEP 3| MAKE THE BURGERS
- While the veggies roast, place the ground beef in a medium bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly using your hands, and form the beef into 4 patties of equal size. In a large pan, heat a little olive oil over medium-high until hot. Add the patties (in batches if your pan is not large enough) and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until they are browned and done to your liking. Transfer cooked patties to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Leave any browned bits and oil in the pan.
STEP 4| ASSEMBLE & SERVE
- (Optional) Add the buns to pan, cut side down, to toast and absorb the oil. If the pan is dry, add a little more oil. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes, then move toasted buns to a clean, dry work surface. Place the beef patties on the bottom buns and top with guacamole and the top bun. Place each burger on a plate. Divide the roasted sweet potato and onion among the 4 plates, and serve with a lime wedge.