One of the questions we get asked quite often is how is our Pumpkin Pie spice blend this good! For those of you that that are confused about what this blend is, it's just a magical combination of some yummy warm spices that make fall and holiday baking that much more amazing.
Take a little bit of cinnamon, add some ginger and top it up with some allspice and that’s it! So whenever a recipe calls for the typical blend of fall spices like nutmeg, ginger, etc all you need to do is toss in a couple of teaspoons of our pumpkin pie spice blend.
You may think it was a certain coffee giant that made this spice popular with their lattes but in fact, pumpkin was a common ingredient in Native American recipes. And the earliest-known “pumpkin spice” reference dates back to a British recipe from the early 1600s.
Even though the obvious application for this spice blend is going to be while baking, a lot of people have been using it to prepare their own sweet spiced nuts. There are so many fun ways to use this blend. It can transform a regular bowl of oatmeal into something you’re looking forward to eating every morning.
Fun Fact: Did you know that pumpkins are grown on every continent except one, Antarctica!
- The most popular use of this spice is in the making of desserts like pumpkin pies or pumpkin cheesecakes.
- Pumpkin spiced lattes are another tread that's quickly become a global theme, especially during the winter months. Simply add it to your coffee by mixing the spice blend with your coffee grounds, or sprinkle it on your latte.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 Tablespoons of Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
2 Cups of Milk or Dairy-free Alternatives
4 Tablespoons of Canned Pumpkin Puree
2 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup of Espresso (or regular strong coffee)
1) Add the milk, pumpkin, cane sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice blend to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2) Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly – if you allow it to boil it will get thick.
3) Whisk the mixture until it starts to froth, for about 1 minute.
4) Divide milk mixture between two mugs.
5) Add the coffee slowly down the side so you don’t disturb the milk froth, garnish with whipped cream and a pinch more of the pumpkin pie spice and enjoy.
This product traveled 1 km to reach our warehouse.
GMO Free , Gluten Free , Nut Free , Vegan/Dairy Free
Disclaimer: The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.