The Cardamom plant is native to South East Asia and is known as one of the most expensive spices in the world, behind Vanilla and Saffron! The Cardamom Pod comes in three colours, green, black and white with green being the most common. The flavour profile of this spice is quite complex with a piney, fruity and fennel-like aroma. Each peanut-sized pod contains between 8-16 seeds.
- Green Cardamom Pods are best used for cooking when slightly toasted and crushed to release its entire flavour profile.
- Cardamom has many culinary uses. Try using it to make herbal tea, and to flavour soups, curries, pilaf and other rice dishes. Experiment with it to add warm spicy flavours to cakes, ice cream, cookies and other sweets.
- Cooking Tip: 6 Green Cardamom Pods are equal to 1 teaspoon of Ground Cardamom.
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 8 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 3-4 Black Tea Bags
- 2 Cups Milk or Dairy-free Alternatives
1. Slightly toast and crush Green Cardamom Pods, Whole Black Peppercorns and Cinnamon stick.
2. Combine all spices with water in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Add tea bags and milk of choice and lower the heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture and discard spices. Add sweetener of choice to taste. Enjoy!
This product traveled 1 km to reach our warehouse.
GMO Free , Gluten Free , Nut Free , Vegan/Dairy Free
Disclaimer: The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.