Did you know that oats are not native to North America and were introduced by Scottish settlers back in 1602? They are more recently popular becoming a major crop in the 1920s. Canada is now on the top 3 growers in the world for Oats. Unlike any of the other grains, oats have a higher content of soluble fibre, making a portion very fulfilling and satisfying.
Organic Oat Flour gives baked goods more flavour than regular all-purpose flour, though it also gives them a chewier and crumblier texture. This makes it perfect for cookie pancake and muffin recipes!
Our Organic Oat Flour is grown and milled within Canada. We love getting to support our local Canadian farmers and producers.
Fun Fact: Organic Oats are on the top 5 most important items to buy Organic. There are so many reasons to shop Organic!
Our Organic ingredients must follow strict guidelines:
No genetically modified organisms (GMO's)
No use of synthetic pesticides
No use of synthetic preservatives
No use of chemical fertilizers
No hormones or antibiotics
The practices must show the humane treatment of animals
The practices must show preservation of ecological integrity
Uses:< / b>
- Organic Oat Flour can be used as a replacement for wheat flour for baking, as it does not contain any gluten. Gluten substitutes are needed like Guar Gum or Xanthan Gum. Please note that our Organic Oat Flour is milled in a facility that has gluten.
- It is recommended to mix Organic Oat Flour with Almond Meal or Coconut Flour for gluten-free recipes.
- Some of our favourite recipe ideas are Blueberry Muffins, Double Chocolate Spinach Muffins, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, Cinnamon Walnut Pear Crisp or Apple Crisp
- It is recommended to mix 1/4 cup of Organic Oat Flour with flours such as Quinoa, Buckwheat or Spelt Flour since these require similar amounts of liquid.
- Use a half-cup of Organic Oat Flour to prevent bread flour from sticking.
- Add more liquid to Organic Oat Flour recipes if a denser dough is desired.
This product traveled 1 km to reach our warehouse.
Organic , Local , Canadian , Wheat Free
Disclaimer: The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate.
Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.