Avalon Dairy Ltd.
Jeremiah Crowley came out from Western Bay, Newfoundland in 1898 for the gold rush. Arriving in Vancouver he found the gold rush over. He was so impressed with Vancouver that he returned to Newfoundland and brought his family with him to settle here in 1906. After purchasing a house on Wales Street, which came with 6 cows, he began to build up Avalon Dairy.
In the same year, he purchased acreage at 5805 Wales, which is the present location of the Dairy. The farm house was built in 1908 and is still in use.
Avalon Dairy (Valley Pride) is a family business, it is the oldest continuously operating Dairy in B.C. It is part of the BC Dairy Council, BC Dairy Foundation PAC's (Pacific Agricultural Certification Society) and Certified Organic Association of British Columbia.