This granular potato flour is derived from sound, peeled, and trimmed Idaho potatoes. It is creamy-white with a natural potato flavour and odour.
Potato flour is often confused with Potato Starch; Potato Flour is produced from the entire dehydrated potato whereas potato starch is produced from the starch only. Potato Flour is higher in nutritional value than starch. Plus it's rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fibre, making it a healthier, gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
This naturally gluten-free flour is the perfect addition to sweet or savoury baking or bread recipes. Potato flour's ability to absorb moisture is its strength: Add a small amount to yeast bread to help retain the freshness of the bread.
This unique flour can be used in sweet and savoury dishes. Here are some ideas to help get started:
- Use it as a thickener in soups, sauces, and gravies
- Add it to homemade meatballs, hamburgers, vegetable burgers, or fish patties to help bind ingredients together while adding moisture to the mix
- Add it to a favourite bread recipe for a potato flavour and soft texture
- Use it to make light and airy coffee cakes and muffins
- Use it in sweet or savoury waffle and pancake recipes
- Use it as a breading for a golden and crunchy crust
Potato Flour attracts and holds water. Experiment by adding a teaspoon or more to baked foods to add moisture and a soft crumb.
Vegan/Dairy Free , Wheat Free
Disclaimer: The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.