Creamy Celery Bacon Soup with Slow Cooker
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 small white potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the chopped bacon in a pan over low heat until crispy then set aside on paper towel.
2. Add the celery, potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, and chicken stock to your slow cooker and cook over on low heat for five hours.
3. Using a stick blender, puree the soup completely. If you don’t have a stick blender, transfer the soup into a food processor then puree.
4. In the slow cooker with the soup, stir in milk, cream, and butter. Once thinned and well mixed, add the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.