Mediterranean Spinach Stuffed Portobello Caps
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- coconut oil
- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 10-12 ounces spinach, washed
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, diced
- 1/8 cup grated parmesean
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, slightly torn
- black pepper
2)Place spinach in a large saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and drain out excess liquid. Add coconut oil, peppers, onion, oregano and garlic to pan. Cook until tender. Add ripe and dried tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper to mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3)Remove mushroom stems and cut off black tips. Brush coconut oil on mushroom caps. Season with additional salt and black pepper. Place gill side down on grill and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove from grill.
4)Add crumbled feta and fresh basil to spinach mixture and spoon into mushroom caps. In small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with parmesan, salt and pepper.
5)Place stuffed mushroom caps on grill for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.