Triple Chocolate Trifle- Holiday Dessert
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- MILK CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
1. Melt chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Add in the vanilla and allow it to cool.
2. Beat egg whites in a mixer with salt until fluffy and solid white.
3. With the leftover egg yolks, whisk into the chocolate mixture until well-blended. Then gently whisk in the egg whites to combine both mixtures.
4. Beat heavy cream until fluffy and whipped, then gently mix that into the existing mixture.
MILK CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
1. Melt the chocolate chips along with 3/4 cup heavy cream and stir until smooth. Then add in the remaining heavy cream. Whisk then allow it to chill before adding salt and beating it.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter and eggs. Add it into the dry ingredients mixture then blend well.
3. Place in a baking pan then pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
LAYERING THE TRIFLE:
1. In a large trifle dish, or small dessert glasses, layer the brownie on the bottom, then the mousse, then the whipped cream. Allow it to set in the fridge for about 20 minutes before repeating the layering steps.