Cinnamon Sugar Greek Yogurt Muffins
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with papers.
2. In one bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside also.
3. In a large bowl beat butter with mixer on a medium setting until fluffy and light. Lower the speed slightly, add egg and beat until well combined, follow this with white sugar, vanilla and yoghurt. Once combined, blend in flour mixture.
4. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup in the muffin pan, using about half of the batter. Sprinkle batter lightly with cinnamon sugar mixture, using half the mixture. Add another tablespoon of batter to each cup, finishing off the batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes. Muffins are cooked when inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack after baking.
6. Mix the glaze ingredients & drizzle with a fork back & forth over the top of muffins while they are cooling.