Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats
Due to their minimal processing, steel cut oats take a much longer time to cook than regular oatmeal. But there are lots to love about steel cut oats! They have a nuttier flavour and a chewier, more robust texture than rolled oats or quick oats.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- Pinch of Salt
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon (optional)
- Small Splash of Vanilla, or part of a bean (optional)
1) Bring water to boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add salt and oats, stir, and reduce heat to medium-low so that you are cooking at a simmer.
2) Simmer, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) When oatmeal thickens, stir in optional flavours (all combined is delicious).
4) Portion and let cool for a couple minutes.