Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp allspice ground
- 1/4 tsp cloves ground
- 1 tsp anise seed powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- Confectioners’/icing sugar for dusting
1. In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, anise seed and pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter, light brown sugar, and molasses with a mixer for 5 minutes until soft and light. Beat in the egg on low setting before adding in the flour mixture. Continue beating until smooth and even.
3. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease baking sheets. Scoop the dough and form into small balls of 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Or use an ice cream scooper!
5. Place the balls onto the cookie sheets with adequate spacing of at least 1.5 inches apart. Place the cookie sheets in the middle of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies are brown.
6. Allow the cookies to cool slightly before dusting them with confectioners’ sugar. Then allow the cookies to cool completely.