Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes thinly shredded
- 3 (¼ ounces) envelopes gelatin powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a preheated oven at 350F, toast coconut shreds on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
2. Lightly oil a baking sheet then evenly cover with 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
3. Mix all the gelatin in bowl with 1/2 cup of water and allow it to soften.
4. In a saucepan over low heat, heat sugar, maple syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup of water until fully dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Using a thermometer, allow the syrup to continue boiling until it reaches 240F.
5. Pour the gelatin into a mixer bowl, and gently and slowly add in the hot syrup down the side of the mixer bowl. Beat on high for 13 minutes or until very thick. Add vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
6. Transfer the marshmallow onto the toasted coconut shreds on the baking sheet. Press down and distribute evenly. (It might be helpful to wet your fingertips as it’s very sticky.) Coat the top with 1/2 cup toasted coconut shreds.
7. Allow the marshmallow to set and firm up for a couple of hours before cleaning up the edges with a sharp knife. Cut them into squares at desired sizes.
8. Place the marshmallows in a bowl of the remaining toasted coconut shreds to coat entirely.