Kimchi Fried Rice
Delicious quick weeknight dinner featuring probiotic powerhouse kimchi!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 C cubed tofu (or chopped chicken, pink shrimp, etc)
- 3 C cooked rice
- 5 sliced green onions, whites and greens separated
- 2 C chopped kimchi
- 1/2 C kimchi juice
- 2 Tsp soy sauce
- 2 fried eggs (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- roasted seaweed for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a wok or large pan over med-high heat. Add the tofu (or other protein) and cook until cooked through.
- Add the white parts of the green onions to the pan and cook until fragrant. Add the kimchi and juice and stir. Add the rice and toss to coat until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep rice from sticking to pan.
- Add the other tbsp of sesame oil and soy sauce to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add the green parts of the green onions to pan and toss to distribute evenly. Remove from heat and divide between two bowls.
- Top bowls with fried eggs (if using), sesame seeds, and seaweed to serve.