Guinness Beef Stew
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 pounds stewing beef
- 1 1/2 cups Guinness
- 1 1/2 cups carrots diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- sprig of fresh thyme
- sprig of rosemary
- parlsey chopped to serve
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Toss the stewing beef with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add in flour, salt, and pepper and continue tossing until seasoning is evenly distributed.
2. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over high heat to brown the meat. Add onions, garlic, tomato. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the ingredients into one large pot or casserole. Heat up 3/4 cup of Guinness in the previous pan to wash up the meat juices before adding it into the large pot along with the other 3/4 cup of Guinness.
4. Stir in carrots, celery, rosemary, and thyme. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2.5 hours.
5. Sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley over the stew to serve!