Vegan Lentil Bolognese
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 400g spaghetti or other long dried pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 420g jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup grated vegan hard cheese or Parmesan
- Basil leaves, to serve
1. In a medium sized pot, cook the pasta noodles in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic, and cook for two minutes, or until onions have softened. Add pasta sauce, ¼ cup of water, and ¼ cup red wine to the pan then bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Add lentil, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another minute, or until the sauce has reached your desired consistency.
3. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Divide among four bowls with vegan hard cheese or parmesan, with basil leaves for garnish.