Teriyaki Shrimp Soba Noodle Bowls
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 celery stalks, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Cook soba noodles following instructions on package. When cooked, drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with cold water until dissolved. Then, combine cornstarch with remaining teriyaki sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a large cast iron skillet or pan, heat 1 ½ tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add shrimp to the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until shrimp has turned pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside. Set heat to medium-high and pour in remaining oil. Toss the squash, carrot, celery, and edamame into the pan to stir fry until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat, stirring in soba noodles, green onions, and cooked shrimp. Pour in teriyaki sauce and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.