Duck Breast Slider with Plum Wine Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- Duck Breast
- 1 lb duck breast
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 avocados
- Plum Sauce
- 4-5 plums pitted and diced
- 5 sprigs thyme minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
1. Massage ground thyme into the duck breasts and place in a pan over medium-low heat.
2. With a crisscross pattern, lightly score the side with the skin in both directions.
3. Place the duck breast skin down and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Flip over and cook for another 4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow the duck to soak up the juice for about 5 minutes before slicing into 1/4 inch pieces.
1. Combine wine, garlic, plums, thyme, salt, and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the mixture is reduced to half.
2. Using a stick blender, or transfer into a blender, and blend until smooth.
3. Transfer back into the saucepan over low heat and stir in butter until completely dissolved and well mixed. Set plum sauce aside.
1. Place duck breast slices on a small slider bun.
2. Add any optional tomatoes or lettuce to give it a refreshing taste.
3. Drizzle plum sauce all over before placing the top bun.