Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Caramelized Onions
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 large portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups arugula or thinly shredded lettuce
- 1 white onion sliced into rings
- 8 buns
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 gloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- Rosemary Aioli
- 6 sprigs rosemary leaves minced
- 6 gloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (search in recipe)
1. In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and allow the mushroom slices to soak for at least 30 minutes.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat, and add onions to caramelize over low heat for about 10-15 minutes, making sure not to burn the onions.
3. Add the portobello slices with marinade into the saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until reduced and mushrooms are fully cooked.
4. Mix rosemary aioli ingredients together.
5. On 8 small dinner roll or ciabatta bun, spread the aioli evenly and place the greens on top before adding the mushrooms.
Optional: add vegan cheese for a vegan cheesy mushroom slider!