Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon and Tahini Dressing
This salad is a brilliant way to make the most of your winter vegetables before we transition into spring. The brussels sprouts add a delightful crunch, and the tahini and bacon make it seem like you're eating something way more decadent than vegetables. Enjoy!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 bunch kale
- 12 brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. walnuts, diced
- 1/4 c. shaved parmesan
- sea salt
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. miso
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. water
- 4 slices bacon, crisped
- Trim the stalks from the kale, and chop it into small pieces. Massage the kale with a bit of oil to soften it, and add a dash of sea salt.
- Slice the brussels sprouts as thin as you can. You can also use a mandoline or a food processor if you like. Add to kale.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except for nuts, parmesan, and bacon in a small bowl. Whisk till creamy. Pour over kale and brussels sprouts.
- Lightly toast walnuts in a hot skillet. Remove from skillet. Add bacon for a minute to crisp a bit more. Crumble.
- Top salad with parmesan, walnuts, and bacon. Serve.