Nourishing Butternut Squash Soup
This is the perfect recipe to squash the cold! Leftovers will thicken up quite a bit, so add some more broth or water when reheating.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 medium butternut squashes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 cans coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to enhance their health promoting benefits.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place butternut squash into a baking dish, drizzle with heated coconut oil, salt and 2 cloves of pressed garlic. Bake until squash is fork tender (about 45 mins).
- Saute onion in coconut oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the rest of the garlic and ginger, and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric and curry powder, and mix well.
- After squash and onion mixture has cooled, peel the squash and place in blender with broth, and 1 and 1/2 can of coconut milk.
- Make sure you blend in batches filling blender only half full. Start on low speed. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Thin with as much broth as desired.
- Reheat the soup before eating and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with your favorite herbs and drizzle with any leftover coconut milk.