Healing Turmeric Lentil and Farro Soup
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 cup chopped kale, stems removed
1. In a medium sized pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the grated onion, zucchini, and carrots, and cook for 1-2 minutes. 2. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, and cumin to the pot. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes .
2. Add broth to the pot. Set heat to high to bring broth to a boil. At a rolling boil, add the farro and lentils, then simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until lentils and farro are cooked through.
3. In the last few minutes before serving the soup, add the chopped kale and cook until wilted. Serve immediately.