Roasted Figs and Bacon with Goat Cheese
If ever there was an appetizer to be fought over, this is the one. Sweet figs, smokey bacon and tangy goat cheese, all together in one place - it's divine! For thicker cuts of bacon, cut to fig size and bake the fig halves and bacon separately until near done. Place bacon on figs, cheese on bacon, and finish cooking.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 12 Figs
- 12 slices of Bacon
- 1/4 cup (12 tsp) Goat Chevre
- 6 tsp honey
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 24 toothpicks
- Slice figs in half length-wise.
- Slice bacon in half (so it's half as long as what it first was) and broil for 5 minutes on top rack, so the bacon is cooked (at least not raw) but definitely not crispy.
- Spread or spoon about 1 tsp of Goat cheese on top of each half of the fig. Wrap in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on foil covered baking pan.
- Drizzle each fig with a little bit of honey, add some black pepper if you desire. Broil on high, on top rack, for 5-7 minutes or until bacon is cooked and cheese is warmed...
...then shovel them in your mouth before anyone else gets any.