Beer-Battered Onion Rings
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 6 onions
- cooking oil
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle beer
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. In a cast iron pot, heat up a few inches of oil over medium-high heat. With parchment paper, line a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Cut off the ends of onions and peel them. Cut onions crosswise into 1/2-inch thickness. Separate the slices for easy access later.
3. In a bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper, and 1/2 cup of beer to smooth it out. Until more distributed, add another 1/2 cup of beer until the batter is smooth and more creamy.
4. Dip onion ring into the batter, coating it entirely before dropping it into the oil. Do this for all the onion rings making sure not to overcrowd the oil pot. Fry each onion ring for about 4 minutes before transferring to your cookie sheet to drain. Season with more salt and pepper if needed!