Apple Braised Pork Chops
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 six-ounce boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 small head green cabbage (about 1lb), core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large yam
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat coconut oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; place them in the skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to low. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add apple, caraway seeds and thyme and saute for 5 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for 5 additional minutes.
3. Raise heat to medium high. Add vinegar, 1-1/2 cups water and yam. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Cook until yam is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Return chops in a single layer to a pan. Cover and cook until the pork chops are done (the internal temperature of the pork chops should be 145 degrees), 7-10 minutes.