Baked Chicken on a Bed of Mushrooms
If you're looking to impress someone (or several someones) for dinner, here is a choice for you. While quite easy to make, the ingredients make an impact. Choosing exotic mushroom types not only adds a little extra to the flavour but also brings a certain aura of class to the dish that raises eyebrows and tingles taste buds. Do note that the coconut milk used here is the heavier style for cooking, not the simple drinking beverage.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3-4 cups of mushrooms
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sea Salt, to taste
- coconut oil
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking pan just large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- )Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper and set aside.
- )Remove stems from mushrooms. Distribute mushrooms, white wine, garlic, salt and pepper in the pan. Lay the chicken breasts skin side up on top of the mushroom and brush lightly with coconut oil.
- Bake, uncovered until skin turns brown and then turn over to finish cooking.
- Pour pan juices into saucepan and add chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms and enjoy a romantic dinner for two.
Please note cooking times may vary depending on your oven.