Watermelon BBQ Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1. To make watermelon juice, scoop out half of a watermelon into the blender, blending on high for 30 seconds. Reserve half a cup for the BBQ sauce, and the other half for drinking!
2. In a small bowl, combine watermelon juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, and pepper flakes.
3. When ready to use, cover the veggies, meat, or whatever you are using your BBQ sauce for in the watermelon sauce, then refrigerate for several hours. If you are grilling, broiling, or roasting, make sure to baste with more watermelon sauce.
4. Use leftover sauce to serve over cooked food.