Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 c. short grain brown rice
- 3 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. miso
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 sheets of seaweed
- 6 ounces tempeh
1) Combine the rice, water, and salt in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and simmer gently until the water is absorbed (~45 minutes).
2) Cook tempeh in a dry skillet or well-seasoned skillet over medium-high for a few minutes until browned on one side. Flip gently, then continue cooking for another minute or so, until the tofu is firm.
3) To make the dressing combine the honey, miso, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and water to taste together.
4) When the rice is done, stir in 1/3 cup of the dressing and add more to taste. Scoop the rice into individual bowls and top with the seaweed, green onions, tempeh, avocado slices, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.