Awesome Banana Buckwheat Corncakes
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 - 1 1/4 c soy or rice milk
1) Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder & baking soda together.
2) In a separate bowl, combine banana, sugar, vinegar and 1 c milk.
3) Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and stir just enough to mix into batter.
4) Add a bid more milk if mixture seems too thick.
5) Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle. Spray lightly with a nonstick spray. Pour small amounts of batter onto the heated surface and cook until the tops bubble. Turn with a spatula and cook the second side until golden brown. Serve immediately with maple syrup and fruit preserves.