Spice-Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Tahini Drizzle
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh-cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted for a few minutes on a dry pan (medium heat)
- Freshly-chopped parsley, as garnish
- TAHINI SAUCE:
- 1 cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or grated
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Warm water
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. After you have cut your head of cauliflower into florets, mix these and spices in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top, and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so everything is evenly coated.
3. Spread out coated florets onto a pan sheet, and roast for about 40 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, flip florets over to ensure that everything gets evenly roasted. At the 30 minute mark, add the toasted pine nuts to the cauliflower pan, dispensing evenly so they too get coated with spices and oil.
4. Make your tahini sauce while cauliflower is roasting. In a small mixing bowl, combine tahini, half of the lemon juice, a garlic clove, and salt and pepper. Begin adding warm water very slowly, until you reach a ‘drizzle-able’ consistency. Add more salt, pepper, or lemon to enhance the flavours to your liking.
5. Add a handful of chopped parsley to the tahini sauce, then set aside.
6. When cauliflower and pine nuts are done, remove from oven, and place into serving bowl. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the baked cauliflower, and top with more freshly chopped parsley. Serve while still warm!