Golden Turmeric Milk
Golden milk is an ancient Ayurvedic drink that has been praised as not only delicious, but an excellent way to incorporate the incredible health benefits attached to turmeric. Making golden milk is so easy, especially if you make a larger batch of ‘golden paste’ that you can keep on hand whenever you’re craving a mug o’ the gold stuff.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- TO MAKE GOLDEN PASTE:
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups filtered water, plus 1/2 cup more
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey, optional
- TO MAKE GOLDEN MILK
- 1 cup milk of your choice (we love using coconut!)
The most efficient way to make golden milk is to first make a batch of golden milk paste that you can store in the fridge. When you do it this way, you can simply scoop a teaspoon into your milk of choice instead whipping up a batch of mixed spices each time.
To make Golden Milk Paste
1. Combine the pepper, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
2. Combine the turmeric and 1 and ½ cups of water in a small pot. When you’ve brought the mixture to a gentle simmer, add another ½ cup of water. Continue stirring.
3. Add your spice mix to the pot, and continue to cook, stirring often on low for 3 minutes, or until you have a thick and smooth paste.
4. Turn off heat and add coconut oil.
5. Add honey if desired as your mixture is cooling. Transfer your golden paste to a glass jar with a lid. This can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks!
To make Golden Milk
1. To make the milk, gently heat up one cup of milk (whichever kind you like, but it’s so good with coconut). You want your milk to be luke warm, not hot. Whisk in 1 heaping teaspoon of the Golden Milk Paste, and any honey or extra sweetener of your choice. Serve immediately!