Pork Gyoza Burgers
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 egg
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1/4 each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- 450 g lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup panko or dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups cabbage, grated
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
1. Using a food processor, mix egg, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, 2 tsp of honey, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp of water until smooth. Add green onion and mushrooms, pulsing until finely chopped.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine pork, the mixture from the food processor, and bread crumbs. Divide and shape into four ½ inch thick patties.
3. Place patties on a greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill turning once, for about 13 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
4. While patties are grilling, whisk together sesame oil, vinegar, the remaining honey, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Add the grated cabbage, and toss to coat.
5. To prepare burgers, add mayonnaise onto bottom sides of buns. Top with patties, and ½ cup of the coleslaw mixture.