Jess’ Ramen with Extra Veg
Jess is on our Marketing Team. She’s a busy gal and doesn’t have much time to spend on food, so this is one of her favourites. Filled with julienned carrots, chopped bok choy, fresh green onion and topped with an egg, this dinner is an A+ healthy meal. It’s also perfect for fall and winter, as the warm broth is soothing and loaded with nutrients. Give it a go!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 baby bok choys (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 2 (3 oz) rice noodles
- 1/2 cup green onions/scallions, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
1) Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Stir in soy sauce and rice vinegar for another minute. Add stock and bring to simmer for around 5 minutes.
2) Add mushrooms. Simmer for 10.
3) While you’re waiting, bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add eggs and cook for 7 minutes for runny yolk or 8 for soft.4) Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water to prevent over-cooking. Once cooled, peel the shells and slice in half. Leave aside.
4) Bring another pot to a boil. Add bok choy and cook for 1 minute. Remove and run under cold water.
5) Add rice noodles to stock mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6) Divide soup into 2 bowls and top with an egg, bok choy, carrots, and green onions. Serve immediately.