Yellow Tomato Soup
You could make this soup with red (or any colour!) tomatoes, but the yellow colour is so summery and unique. Top with crumbled goat cheese, croutons, avocado, or whatever you like. Can be served hot or chilled.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/2 c. broth
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs of your choice + more for garnish
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8-10 chopped yellow (any colour will work) tomatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. Toss chopped tomatoes with olive oil and spread in a single layer on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for around 60 minutes, or until they are soft.
3. Put tomatoes and juice from baking sheet into a large pot with garlic and veggie broth. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add herbs of your choice, and 1/2 tsp sea salt.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until it is smooth. (You could also use a regular blender, but make sure to cool the mixture first, or only fill the blender halfway and hold the lid on tightly with a towel - otherwise the soup will explode out!)
5. Serve into bowls or mugs, and garnish with more herbs, or whatever you like!