Watermelon, Strawberry & Feta Salad with Herbs
Juicy, bright and colourful, each variation of this salad easily brings summer to any table. Do only use one herb at a time, though. Dressing amounts are approximate and will depend on personal taste. Feel free to use a little more Balsamic if using basil or cilantro. If using mint you can cut the amount of Balsamic right down and lessen the oil a bit, too.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced and zested
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful fresh basil, mint or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion (sweet and/or red) sliced extremely thin
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 2 cups strawberries, stem removed and halved
- (optional) 1-2 cups arugula, washed & dried
- In a small bowl, mix Balsamic, citrus, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil to emulsify then add herb of choice and stir to combine.
- Chop remaining ingredients into a large bowl, making sure to cube watermelon into bite-sized pieces, the feta into much smaller ones, and to slice the onion very thin. Stir lightly to combine, then add dressing and lightly mix again. Garnish with a sprig of your herb of choice.
- Store in refrigerator if not serving within the hour.