Sardines on Toast
Packed with nutrients and healthy fats, these little sandwiches will keep you full for hours.
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tins sardines
- 2 tbsp. fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, or thyme)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest and juice from lemon
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- handful olives
- Drain sardines, reserving oil from each tin in a separate bowl.
- Add herbs, vinegar, lemon zest and black pepper to one bowl. Whisk to mix. Add all sardines and marinate for up to an hour.
- Brush bread with reserved sardine oil. Broil or toast until crisp.
- Top bread with mashed avocado, then sardine mixture. Garnish with more herbs and olives. Season with salt and lemon juice.