Anthony's Vegan Peanut Butter Burgers
This recipe might sound a little crazy, but trust us. It's straight from the kitchen of Anthony, our director of purchasing at SPUD. He's forgotten more than we'll ever know about food, and basically, if he says it's delicious, we believe him. Anthony's description: "Seriously though. Peanut butter on burgers is delicious. Veggie burgers generally lack heavily in the texture department, but chips make up for that and a bacony flavor works well with peanut butter. Daiya blocks melt well when shredded and give it a bit of gooey goodness."
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 burger buns
- peanut butter
- 4 veggie burgers
- 4 slices vegan cheese alternative (Daiya preferred)
- handful of bacon flavoured chips
- deep fried jalapeno (optional)
- sliced banana (fried) (optional)
- Fry veggie burgers.
- Top with shredded vegan cheese, and heat until melted. While cheese is melting, toast buns.
- Spread peanut butter on buns.
- Put a handful of chips on the bottom bun, top with veggie burger.
- Deep fried jalapeno and banana slices optional, but delightful.