Zesty Lemon and Organic Blueberry Pancakes
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- maple syrup to accompany
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus melted butter for brushing griddle
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon zest, milk, brown sugar, and 2 tbsp of butter.
2) In a bowl whisk together the flour, the baking powder, and the salt. Add the milk mixture, and whisk the batter until it is just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
3) Heat a griddle over med-high heat and brush it with some of the additional melted butter.
4) Pour the batter onto the griddle by 1/3 c measures and cook the pancakes for 2 min each side, or until they are golden.
5) Pour maple syrup on them and serve.
Makes about six 5-inch pancakes.