Bourbon-Spiked Pumpkin Risotto with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
Yep, you read that right! A pumpkin risotto infused with bourbon, and garnished with goat cheese and prosciutto. An irresistible blend of comforting fall flavours. Don't count on any leftovers!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened spiced apple cider
- 4 ounces chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, plus more for serving
- pumpkin seeds for serving
1. Pour the chicken broth, coconut milk, and apple cider and heat over low - just until the liquid is steamy, but don’t bring to a boil.
2. In a pot or Dutch oven, cook the prosciutto over medium-high heat until crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to a bowl, leaving the fat in the pot.
3. Add the oil and onion to the pot. Saute until onion begins to turn brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the garlic, arborio rice, ground sage, cinnamon, red pepper, and sea salt and saute until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the bourbon and stir well until the liquid has nearly evaporated. Add in ½ cup of chicken stock/cider mixture and stir until liquid has been absorbed. Repeat with ½ a cup at a time, stirring constantly, until the risotto is creamy but still slightly al-dente.
5. Stir in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and goat cheese. Taste the risotto for flavor, and add sea salt as desired.
6. Serve risotto with prosciutto mixed in or on top.