Green Chile Shrimp Enchiladas
Frontera Mexican Sauces www.fronterafiesta.com
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 poblano, seeded and diced
- 1 pound shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 pouches (8 ounces each) Frontera Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- Heat oven to 400º. For filling, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and poblano. Sauté until tender and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and salt. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are just barely cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large plate. Cool completely in the refrigerator. Once cooled, stir in 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese.
- Wrap 4 tortillas in plastic wrap. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Working quickly so the tortillas stay hot and pliable, unwrap one stack of tortillas and roll a 1/8th portion of filling into each tortilla. Place seam-side down in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Repeat to use all tortillas and filling. Open sauce pouches at one corner and pour over tortillas so they are completely covered with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake until the enchiladas are hot through and the cheese is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.