Vegan Coconut Curry over Quinoa
A yogic diet follows a strict guideline on top of being essentially vegan. Try this comforting and delicious coconut curry recipe!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced tomates
- 1/4 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup cut snap peas
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Pinch tumeric
- Pinch cumin
- 28oz coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
1. Wash the quinoa thoroughly. Add to a saucepan over medium heat and let the quinoa toast for a few minutes.
2. Pour two cups of water into the saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Then remove from heat.
3. While the quinoa is cooking, add the coconut oil to a pot over medium heat. Saute the grated ginger, cauliflower, tomatoes, and potatoes together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, veggie stock, and coconut milk, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then add the snow peas. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Taste the curry. Adjust the seasonings, salt, and pepper. Add the cilantro and basil.
6. Serve over warm quinoa. Squeeze fresh lemon before enjoying!