Wheat Berry Broccoli Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (maple syrup or agave work too)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1. Cook quinoa and wheat berries according to package instructions. Once cooked, rinse with cold water and drain, then keep these in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the salad.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets and edamame with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread mixture out on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, give everything a stir, then roast for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
3. While veggies are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette by squeezing the juice from one lemon into a small jar, then adding the remaining salad dressing ingredients to the jar and combining. Set aside.
4. Combine roasted vegetables, chopped kale and onion, and cooked wheat berries and quinoa in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over top. Garnish with pumpkin seeds to serve.