Vegan Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
This creamy whip is perfect atop pies, warm beverages (*ahem* vegan Irish Cream, but hot cocoa works too), french toast, ice cream, or to eat by the spoonful. Note: be sure to use full-fat coconut milk for this to work best. Enjoy!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk - chilled overnight
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener (agave, maple syrup, or organic cane sugar work)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: a mini pinch of salt*
1) Leave your can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. This step is necessary, or else your whip cream will become mush. No one wants that. I repeat: chill the coco.
2) The next day, place a large mixing bowl in the fridge 10 minutes before whipping. This step is also key.
3) Remove coconut milk from the fridge. Do not tip or shake the can. Open the can and scrape out the thick coconutty cream on top (this will be your whip), and leave behind the liquid on the bottom. Use that liquid for smoothies.
4) Place the hardened coconut cream in your cooled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Add vanilla and sweetener and mix. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. *To enhance the flavour, add a pinch of salt.
5) Eat STAT! Or refrigerate. Your choice. It should keep for up to 1 week.