French Toast Stuffed with Fruit and Yogurt
A hearty breakfast for those who love sweet things! The yogurt brings a little tang to the joyous taste of the regular (unstuffed) version of French Toast. For extra creaminess, cream cheese can be used instead of yogurt - or a combination of both!
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1/4 cup of fruit spread
- 1 loaf of unsliced bread
- 2-3 whole Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ cup Milk
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla, or your favourite flavour)
- Mix the yogurt and fruit spread together.
- Slice the bread into slices about 1 inch thick (or thicker if you'd like). Holding each slice upright, cut into it to create a pocket. Do not go through any other edges than the one you start the cut in.
- Fill each slice pocket with a couple of tablespoons of the yogurt and fruit mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cinnamon and milk until thoroughly blended.
- Heat a large skillet to slightly over or medium-high (depending on your stove top). Melt the butter and spread it around to coat the pan evenly.
- While the pan is heating, coat each piece of bread (all sides) in the egg mixture. Add the bread to the pan once the butter has melted and cook 3-6 minutes per side, until each piece is golden-brown and warm all the way through.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup (or more jam) and icing sugar, if desired.