Sticky Gingerbread Cake - Holiday Dessert
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground star anise
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup aqua faba or tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350 C). Line a 25 cm by 33 cm baking dish (10 inch by 13 inch) with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set this mixture aside.
- In another bowl mix together the grated ginger, salt, oil, sugar, aqua faba, and molasses. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until it’s just starting to come together, then mix in the warm water.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back.
- One the cake is cooled, serve with pears and ice cream