Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups white or yellow potatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- ¼ - ½ cup water (to desired texture)
- 3 tbs neutral oil (I like avocado or olive)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno juice
- A few pickled jalapenos
- salt, to taste
- Optional: 2 tbsp tapioca starch (gives a bit more cheesy and gooey texture)
1. Peel the carrots and potatoes and chop into similar sized pieces. Add them to cool water on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook until you can stick a fork into the potato, but it’s not falling apart.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. (If your blender cannot blend hot ingredients, cool the potatoes and carrots in a bath of cold water first.)
3. Once blended, add the mixture to a pot and heat over medium.
4. Enjoy! Store any extra in the fridge for a couple days.