Best Breakfast BLT
Sign In to Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 slices bread, or
- 2 biscuits sliced in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of cheese
- 6-8 thin slices of red onion, or
- 1/2 onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or mashed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce, or
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 2 bagles sliced in half, or
- 2-3 slices of bacon
1) Cook bacon to desired doneness. Or, for easier results, cook all your bacon a little less than normal and freeze. Then heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds or warm in pan with eggs.
2) If sauteeing onions, place a little bit of oil or butter in a pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3) Cook your eggs your favourite way. Either fried egg style or scrambled in a pan over medium-high heat (when the onions are nearly done) are the easiest and cleanest, although poached can be enjoyed in this sandwich, too. Season as desired with salt and pepper and top with cheese.
4) Toast bread/bagel/biscuits. Cover half of the slices with avocado, season with a little salt and pepper, and spread mayonnaise (if using) on the other half. Place the cooked egg over the avocado, top with onions and bacon. On the other half, place lettuce or spinach and tomato.
Close halves and enjoy!